Search This Blog

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Poured Out

Poured Out, 18x24, oil on canvas
Here is a new painting fresh off the easel. One of my friends sent me a cropped version of this photo. It is the daughter of one of her friends. She thought I would like the composition. She was correct. The mother sent me the uncropped photo after I asked for it and from there I went to work. I know it is not always the best protocol to use other people's photos, but I can't tell you how many of my family and friends send me photos that they think would make a good painting. It is not always easy to pass them up and this was definitely one of those.
I must admit, the crayons were a challenge. I wanted to keep the mass without getting into too much detail but still keep the crayons individual. The rug was fun. I added the little angel last. This so reminded me of my own children with their coffee can of crayons and markers. I just never thought to take a photo of it at the time.
I sent an image to mom who just wrote me back that she would like to see the painting in person as she does like what she can see in the image. This is not a commissioned piece so I have no expectations. Just wanted the challenge.

No comments: