Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

My first Flash Mob- at the Governor's Invitational Gala

In front of my paintings

Last Saturday night at the Governor's Gala Event at the Loveland Museum, just as things seemed to be at a lull, a beautiful tenor voice broke into song in the middle of the gallery. Then Carmen sang in response with the chorus joining in. It was so much fun and the Loveland Opera Theatre sounded so good. What a wonderful surprise. I heard one older gentleman in cowboy boots tell the tenor afterwards that "it wasn't Merle Haggard, but he enjoyed it just the same." My friend, Jeannie, took a video with her phone but it was too large to load here unfortunately.

The show looks great and you can tell a lot of thought went into the hanging of it. Lots of variety of styles and subjects. I think it is worth your while to get up to it as a field trip/outing. I saw a brew pub a few blocks away...for an 'arts and crafts' date.

No comments: