Search This Blog

Friday, February 26, 2010

Entry to Oil Painters of America National Juried Show

The above painting was accepted into the OPA National Juried show that will be held this year at the Legacy Gallery in Scottsdale, AZ. I have been a member of OPA for about 6 years; this is the second time I have submitted to one of their shows. I was rejected from a regional show a few years ago, so I did not expect to get into the National show. So right now I will have High, Wide and Lonesome starting on a national tour begining in Oklahoma next month with the Paint America 100 show, two plein air paintings going to the Nomades del Artes show at Southwest Gallery in Dallas, TX, opening April 2 and this one to AZ opening the end of April. This all started because I read one of those short artist spotlight articles and the artist said his one regret was not submitting to national juried shows sooner. So here I am, starting to submit to more national juried shows. It takes time and energy and effort, not to mention having a body of work to choose from, all of which are in rather short supply with this particular artist. But as a friend of mine at my day job says "baby steps."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So proud of my Mama! That has indeed developed into a splendid painting, and I am glad that you are putting yourself out there.

Aloha Sistah said...

How wonderful that your demonstrated passion for continued growth as an artist is being duly recognized. Makes the effort worthwhile, I'd say!