Search This Blog

Thursday, November 16, 2017

more Art hanging in their new homes

Morning Glory, 36x36
One of my first large paintings has found a new home, and doesn't it look wonderful lit up at night. It's new owner hung it right away and could not wait to share it with my son who happened to be walking my dog by her house at the time. The dog was a bit discombobulated by all the people invading his space and needed a wee bit of distraction. She is one happy neighbor. Since this is the view driving west on our shared street, she even knows who owns which car in the painting! Now that is a true painting bought for the person's relationship to the scene! I just love this photo, too.

This second painting, also 36x36, also went to a very good home. My friend, Victoria, whom I used to work with and we shared a wall at the office, was one of my best helpers. I would bring in my paintings as I worked on them, struggled with them or just needed to see a piece in a different light. We would stand together and critique, or compliment as the case may be. Often other co-workers would join us as if we were in a gallery or art show. Quite fun, really, and I do miss this interaction. And Victoria remembers my struggles with this painting. How many times I changed the color of the over arching shadow vs the pavement in the sun. She also hung the painting up as soon as they got it home and her comment was, how it makes the room seem larger as you walk right into the scene.

Oh, how I love my friends and collectors!
Cherry Blossom Promenade, 36x36

No comments: