Search This Blog

Friday, January 21, 2022

Plumeria

Plumeria, 12x24, oil on linen,  available

While staying at an AirBnB on one of the keys off of Sarasota, Florida, this lovely Plumeria greeted us at  the bottom of the stairs from our apartment. I am intrigued by how organic life is and the patterns created. The greenery felt like it was in motion to a tune I couldn't quite hear. I so enjoyed painting this for that reason. It made my heart sing as I worked. The flowers were like a second, softer melody. More support than out front. As I write this, someone playing the piano came to mind and how one hand can play one part while the other hand doesn't something different yet supports the other. I always look for patterns while composing a painting, but never before had one produce music!

No comments: