Search This Blog

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Orange VW Bug - WIP

Orange Bug, 30x30, oil on linen
I am stuck on this painting and not sure if it is completed or not. Either way, it is close and worth showing off if for no other reason than it has been awhile since I posted a painting! I have started a number of posts while this painting has been in progress but I just wasn't satisfied with any of them.
I came upon this scene one afternoon last month while walking home from our local library. It makes me wonder why I never noticed this VW parked there before, being so brightly colored. Maybe it took the bluish snow and purple recycle bin and no leaves on the trees for me to see it as it obviously has been "parked" there for quite some time. I do like the tire marks in the snow and the composition, but if anyone has any helpful suggestions as to what I might be missing, I am open to hearing them. Sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees.

No comments: