Search This Blog

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Before and After on Berthoud Pass

Here is a painting I had painted two years ago up on Berthoud Pass. My husband, Richard was hiking one of the trails off the Pass and I stayed at the parking lot to paint. This was my least favorite of the three I did that day and the largest (14"x11"). By the third painting I was getting wet as you can see the storm is coming toward me in this painting.

As you can see the basic structure is still there. I had fun orchestrating and pretending I was back outside working quickly to keep the plein aire feel to it. I am learning alot as I paint over these older paintings - it is a sense of freedom when you don't have the fear of ruining a painting. I think I need to fix a few of the evergreen trees in the foreground as they are looking a bit static-and the blue willows end a bit abruptly. Other than that, I am quite pleased.

No comments: