The painting above was hanging about in my studio and my husband asked me why I didn't rework it as he thought I could "make it so much better." So last weekend I put it back on the easel. The first thing I did was to redo the sky color. That made a huge difference. Just with that adjustment the other colors became brighter. I then set about to correct some of the drawing and the values. I brightened the whites because when I paint plein air the colors can tend to get muddy. I then worked on my main focal point, the yellow boat and its reflection. I did lose some of the freshness of brushstrokes reworking it, but overall, I think it is an improvement.