Search This Blog

Monday, April 11, 2011

Silent no longer

Today I saw a funny thing from my studio window. Two young teen girls were walking by. I have a painting that I did a number of years ago attached to the wall of our house. It was an experiment to see what it would take to make an outdoor painting. It has weathered well and has garnered lots of attention. But this is the first time I saw this particular scenario: The girls put their arms around each other, put their backs to the painting, aligned their cell phone camera and took a photo with the painting in the background! How fun is that?
Here is the painting I have outside. I painted it in acrylics and on cement board. I think I put Spar varnish on it, but I can't remember for sure as it has been that long ago.
Water Lilies, 24x48

3 comments:

Aloha Sistah said...

That painting has stood the test of time and no doubt has brought pleasure to more people than you even realize as yours is a very pedestrian-oriented neighborhood. How fun that you were able to witness this little vignette.

victoriasart said...

I have an idea for the garage that is percolating in the back of my little brain...not a painting per se, but maybe a little gallery just the same.

Aloha Sistah said...

Look forward to seeing that some day, fan that I am.