Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

90 Days and Counting

Best of Show, Reading @ the Metropolis, 20x16, sold
Littleton Museum One Person Show
Today marks approximately 90 days out from the opening of my one person show at the Littleton Museum in Littleton, Colorado. 
For those of you who did not receive my first ever newsletter last week, I won the Best of Show at the “Own an Original” show put on last fall through the Littleton Fine Arts Committee. The Best of Show winner  is given their own show the following fall at the Littleton Museum. The request was for 80-90 paintings! This is a tall order even for someone who paints full-time and I have a day job.

Winning this show has given me focus. I have been working hard to get some good, large paintings done. I also realized how much I have grown this past year in my work and how I now feel about putting my older work in this show. There may just have to be less than 80 paintings to make the show stronger. Until recently, I have not been that "stressed" but all of a sudden the deadline is looming and it seems very close at hand. I have a big investment in frames to make and soon.
I will ask the museum director if I can do demos or gallery talks/walks while the show is up. The opening is September 15th, from 5:30 to 7 pm and by “invitation” only. Stay posted and be sure to let me know if you are interested in the opening event so I can include you. The show will be in the main gallery through October 31st.

No comments: