Search This Blog

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Recycled Glass Jars, 12x16, oil on canvas
About a month ago, after plein air painting in the area of Parmalee Gulch, I stopped at a little cafe in Kittredge, CO to see if I could get something "to go" for lunch. While I waited, I was sitting at a bar near the kitchen looking around. Then I noticed this wonderful tableau right in front of me. I don't know if it is the colors, the color harmony or the fun shapes but I just started snapping photos. Then I picked up one of the jars as it looked like it had a price tag on it and sure enough all of this (except the salt and pepper) were for sale from the shop next door. What a brilliant idea. I decided I would regret it if I did not purchase all three bottles, jars or what have you, so I did. They sit on our dining room table where I just enjoy the jeweled tones. I painted this piece just for the fun of it. (They are made from recycled glass in Spain.) I expect you will see more of them in future...

No comments: