Search This Blog

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Last Day to Paint for Denver Plein Air

The Hang Out, 11x14, oil on canvas
Today is the last day to paint for this years Denver Plein Air. I did not decide to participate in the event this year until a few weeks ago. Life has just been full enough without adding one more pressure. I went out 5 times over 8 days for three paintings. I had set myself a goal of one. "The Hang Out" was my first order of business as I have been watching the Snowy Egrets at Washington Park since late Spring. First there were 2, then 5 or 6, until the weekend I decided to paint them, there were almost 40 hanging out on this fallen limb! Lucky for me, they come in sporadically, so I could do enough to make it interesting without going crazy. If you have an idea for a better title for this piece, I am open to suggestions.

The opening for the juried show will be in early November and run through the end of December/early January. It is held on the 7th floor of the Main Denver Public Library downtown. It is always an interesting show if you have not been. I will be sure to post the dates and opening information when the time comes whether my work gets accepted or not.

No comments: