Search This Blog

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Lake Catamount Ranch Barns

Lake Catamount, Pleasant Valley, Steamboat Springs - 14x11
It has been a busy summer for me this year so easel time has been few and far between. This is the last painting to post from Destination Steamboat Springs. It seems a long time but it has only been a month ago now that I spent a week with Plein Air Artists of Colorado painting in and around Steamboat. These buildings were on a private gated community. They have all been beautifully restored and/or maintained. The cabin that goes with these barns is beautiful inside and the people who live in this community can use it for entertaining or events. One of the PAAC hostesses for the Steamboat paint out had permission for us to paint in this private reserve for the day.

I was here in the afternoon only. It was an afternoon where the sun played peak-a-boo that ended in rained. I opted to originally paint it local tone, or flat. But once I got it home I was not that happy with the flatness so I turned it into light and shadow. Hence the wait for it to be posted.
The cabin's dining room set up for a dinner party

No comments: