Search This Blog

Thursday, February 1, 2018

Crossroads

Crossroads, 36x48, oil on canvas
This painting has passed the waiting test for now. At this point in time, it is done, and I am ready to move on. A friend of mine and I were talking the other day, so what we were each working on came up. She asked me to share an image of this painting with her. She responded, "I can't wait to see it in person as I can see the layers are very rich and the that there are many layers of meaning, too."

This image is showing a bit dark overall here. And as I look at it here on the screen my old tendencies are rising within me! Even it out! It isn't balanced! AARGH! But no. It is not meant to be evenly balanced and the road is not necessarily straight, either. This was a good painting for me. I am debating whether I want to stare into the layers of thought and emotion that went into it. It is enough to say that it got me through a rough patch and I am on the road again!

I shared the block in and initial stages on this blog post from October.

No comments: