Search This Blog

Saturday, February 24, 2018

What? Finished?

Just so you know, I can post a finished painting. Here are two little gems that got lost in all the new larger pieces I have been working on. They gave me a sense of accomplishment among all their larger brethren.
This first one is from Prospect Park. I did a plein air painting there a number of years ago which was very successful. Not always does a painting work with one pass on site for me! This is only 6x8 but it was on purpose so I would keep it simple.
Tree in Winter, 6x8, oil on panel
The second one is actually an old plein air painting of which I have painted over. I felt the need to loosen up one day and finalize it once and for all!
Harvard Gulch in Winter, 6x8, oil on linen
If I feel I am tightening up when working on my larger pieces, it helps me to to play on a smaller scale to remind myself to not get too caught up in the details.

No comments: