Search This Blog

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Morning Mist on the River Yonne, Burgundy


Morning Mist, 12x24, oil on panel, available

Can you believe it?? I am posting a painting I did. Amazing I have the nerve after all those wonderful paintings I posted from the Laguna Art Museum the past few weeks. So be it. Thought it was time to get with the program. Lots coming off the easel at the same time!

Today's painting is a remake of a sketch I did, oh, 7-8 years ago. I was so happy with it but decided it  needed a facelift.

This scene is from a trip I took over ten years ago to Burgundy in France. My sister had rented a boat to do a river cruise on our own. There were 7 of us. I believe it was called a barge trip but really we had what I would call a yacht. We spent almost a week on the L'Yonne River. This stop was Joigny if my memory serves. I was usually one of the first ones up in the morning so I would go out and find a patisserie and bring home breakfast for everyone. Hence being out in the early morning fog that blanketed the river.  These boats were moored across from ours. It was interesting to see how many countries were represented by the boats. And yes, we saw many a working barge.

No comments: