Search This Blog

Sunday, April 21, 2019

Easter Sunday - He has Risen!

Sunset block in, 18x36
I wanted to paint this sunset the other day. I did not have a 'clean' canvas on hand for the size I wanted it to be. BUT I did have a painting that I decided I did not want to repaint and that whatever it was that attracted me to it (yes, I remember what that was) that moment has passed. So I picked up "Rolling Tundra-Guanella Pass" to be the victim:
Rolling Tundra-Guanella Pass has passed on, 2017, oil on board

I thought I would get the old painting covered and then  go back in and refine it. As I have mentioned many times before the block in process is my favorite thing about painting, especially over an existing painting. Repurposing, recycling, whatever. Or making what came before, new. As the new covenant is fulfilled this week.

For now, I am not able to go back in and 'refine' this painting as I like the energy so much (oops, an attachment! we cannot get attached!). My one friend whom I have shared the image with said if I do go in 'only work on the right side. Do not  touch the colors on the left!' The dark colors coming in behind the white clouds I thought would definitely need to be addressed, but right now I am not so sure. It has grown on me. Stay tuned to see where this one goes. As I write this I am getting some ideas on direction. Blessings to All. God is Good.

No comments: