Search This Blog

Friday, October 25, 2019

Stormy II - Cat Portrait

Stormy II, 8x8, oil on linen panel - commission
Here is the second portrait of Stormy in the series of 3 I was commissioned to do. The original image has Stormy in a shoe box. I cropped it down to a square leaving those 3 white rectangles to help move the eye around and break up the space.


Here is the beginning of the block in process. I liked these abstract shapes showing through. It is a shame I can't seem to incorporate them more into the new painting! I know it sounds weird, but when I have another color underneath it does push me to think differently than I would do starting on a fresh pristine canvas. One day the underlying painting will become a part of the new. Some things just take time to make themselves known.


No comments: