Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Eggplants as inspiration

 These eggplants were the last I harvested from my garden before the temperatures dropped. I decided to memorialize them as I wasn't sure I would be able to eat them all. I set them on my dining room table being to lazy to go up to my studio as well as wanting a different venue.

#1
Here they are in front of my seat at the dining room table
#2

Then I went to the chair across the table and did the reverse view. I must be easy to please as I had so much fun doing these.

#3
Deciding I did not want to move the set up, I left it up and did this painting at the table. I did not have any clean 9x12 panels so I grabbed a panel with an old painting on it that was not worth saving. I like painting over old paintings anyway. This was painted in less than an hour. 
#4
Of course, I then had to do the other side too! The painting below is the one underneath #4. It had been varnished, which tends to absorb the paint on top of it which you can see in the top of the new painting. The whitish effect from the varnish. I liked the red 'swirls' coming through from below. These paintings are done just for the pure joy I get from doing them to see the effects. I could have spent more time totally obliterating the painting beneath. This was done in less than an hour too.

These acorn squash and peppers were also the last harvest from the garden but way back in the day. I want to say 20 years ago.



No comments: