Search This Blog

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Weekend in Dallas








Add ImageIsn't this a beautiful dog? This is one of Ginny's and Stan's dogs, and his name is Deuce, a Polish Shepard; and Travis is also a beauty, but I did not get as great a shot of him. He is a 12 yr old German Shepard, and didn't get up to let me get a better angle on him. I did not want to go out there on my own, so I shot these through the window.

We were treated to a lovely dinner party last night, with food brought in from Maggiano's. Michael Ennis and his wife, Ellen were part of the party. He is an author of two historical novels. He and his wife were quite entertaining and full of amusing anecdotes. Marty was also there, and he is a long-time family friend who just "retired" and is moving to NY.

Cynthia and I also went back to the gallery after lunch and I did take some photos this time. Below is one I think I would like to paint at some point in time. I would think to title it "A True Artist." She is one of the artists meeting down in Fredericksburg this week, lives in NM and organizes the PAAC Plein Air event in Taos.


This is why you want to be the artist doing a demo at a big event like this; There were two artists with easels set up on Saturday and though neither of them had sold a painting Friday night, both of them had sold their paintings on Saturday and I bet you dollars to donuts that this woman had bought the painting that was being painted as she was involved every step of the way.

No comments: