Search This Blog

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Greenland Open Space


My friend Cynthia met me at the Greenland Open Space parking lot on Friday afternoon. It is the half way point for us; she coming from Colorado Springs and me from Denver. Douglas County off of 1-25 is loaded with wonderful spots, so we had plenty of options. But we  stayed in Greenland. Here is Cynthia near the end of our session. We both painted the same set of farm buildings (ranch, more like it). She did a long view on a smaller canvas and I did a more intimate view, filling the 11x14 canvas with the buildings. It was a tough decision, but I ultimately decided I liked the shapes and angles of this set up. Only one train came by during the space of our painting session, because as is evident in this photo, we are pretty close to the tracks.

No comments: