Search This Blog

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Blue and Orange


Painting 3 in the 30 paintings in 30 days. How fitting to have 3 oranges. This was not intentional! I will be off the fruit soon. Since I am also incorporating painting fast into this exercise I am keeping it simple; although sometimes simple does not mean easy! To make a simple composition interesting can be a challenge. I am not saying that these paintings are fine examples of that, just an exercise to get me thinking more about this without thinking about it, so to speak!

This painting is again painted on top of another.  It is meant to improve on what came before. The original and the new are not all that different on this particular painting. I used the same composition, same bowl but of course, different oranges and lighting conditions, as is to be expected. I did not date the original but I am guessing it was two years old. The color theory is blue and orange or complimentary colors.

http://lesliesaeta.blogspot.com/2015/01/thirty-paintings-in-30-days-day-three.html

No comments: