Search This Blog

Monday, January 26, 2015

Lowry In Snow 26

Lowry in Snow, 12x16, oil on panel
This photo came out very stark! But I am not sure I will have time to retake it any time soon so I am going with it. I painted over an old still life I had done in blues that was never finished and not likely to be. I figured blue and purples under a winter scape was apropos. It was a bit more difficult than I expected fighting that blue. I had a hard time with my values and colors on top of it. They still seem a bit overly warm to me and the sky needs to be a shade or two darker perhaps. Could be the light reflecting on the brushstrokes too. I am thinking out loud here...

This is the view from my window where I work on the old Lowry AFB again. This lone tree was actually in the photo with the Purple Deer on Day 20 but it did not add value. It is not a beautiful view but I have grown to love it over the years. Glad that I have a window and a view at all!

http://lesliesaeta.blogspot.com/2015/01/thirty-paintings-in-30-days-day-twenty_26.html

No comments: