Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2017

not every attempt is a success

mid-century hand blown beer glasses
A photo sent to me from my daughter's phone; I gave this pair of Weisse Bier glasses to her for Christmas. I believe they are from either the late 50's or early 60's. I grew up with them in our home. They appear to be hand-blown, hence their irregular shapes. I liked that about them. I did get further than this before I decided to wipe it off. Don't ask me why as I am not sure now. Seemed the thing to do at the time.
It is painted over an old plein air painting which is why there are still some dark blotches that don't quite make sense yet. I will be starting it again at some point as I am not to be defeated. Figured I need to post the good with the not so good. It happens...

No comments: