Search This Blog

Thursday, March 30, 2023

Struttin' his Stuff - Giant Blue Heron

Blue Heron - Strutting, 6x6, oil, available

 I did 3 sketches from life of this Blue Heron, as he hung around the beach in Pensacola FL a few years ago. He just kept walking back and forth and up and down! One sketch I cannot find, it was pen and ink- very different from this pencil sketch and the other is much like this one below, except the legs are too short in it. :-0   Finally did this small oil painting. It was intended to be submitted to the Randy Higbee 6x6 show in December, but it wasn't where I wanted it to be by the deadline. I have had this post sitting here as I tried to find the pen and ink drawing, but alas, I have given up. 

The colors of this bird, though 'blue,' are really quite varied. Such an elegant creature!

pencil sketch





No comments: