Search This Blog

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Back to normal?

Here is my value study from Monday night. I know I am not moving fast enough, as I probably should have also had a start on a color study, but I must admit, it is hard to come back to the model after painting outside for a week. I started back to class a week ago, but I am just not getting into the swing of things. I just love being outside and painting. I feel like I am starting all over again with the model. ie a novice. If Mark were to see this studyI think he would say a few things not the least of which would be that my values are not allowing the highlight to "shine." We will see if do this will help me tonight with color.

I was out painting today with PAAC near Lafayette; Aquarius trail head had a beautiful view of the mountains, but it didn't get to be that beautiful until mid-day; with no toilets for a break, it is hard to do another painting; too bad, as I would have stayed otherwise. I did a 12x9 of a little farm house...which is still in my pack. The comments from the other artists who saw it were positive, but I am reserving my own til tomorrow.

No comments: