Search This Blog

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Road Trip to Dallas

The drive has been going great. It took Cynthia and I 14 hours, all totalled including stops for lunch and stretching our legs. Thursday night we made it to Amarallio about 5 p.m. Because that was 4 p.m. our time, we weren't ready to eat dinner and there isn't much to do in a cheap motel off the interstate. So we found a park on the map and drove over for a walk. Here are some interesting waterfowl that were being fed by the edge of the lake that we walked around. Thompson Memorial Park was deserted for such a lovely afternoon and it is a nice park. It includes the zoo, which I did not see, a golf course, an amusement park and baseball diamonds.
These geese had a very distinct stipe down the back of their neck and an interested top knot.

Below are some mighty ugly waterfowl, geese I am thinking as they were so big next to the ducks, but way smaller than the geese above.Below is a photo I took once we hit traffic outside of Dallas in Denton. Notice how green it is here already.
I can't believe I did not take any pictures of the opening at Southwest Gallery last night. I got back to Ginny's house (Cynthia's sister graciously invited us to stay) and realized I didn't even take one of my art on the wall. There were alot of people by the time we got there at 7 p.m. but it had thinned down considerably by the time we left an hour or so later. One of Cynthia's paintings had sold! And it was the one she wished she hadn't sent in. Too funny. I found out that there will be @ 27 artists from 5 states going to the paintout in Fredericksburg.

3 comments:

mariefraser said...

Sounds like you're having fun...it's stimulating! Hi Cynthia! We're having a big Spring Snow in the mountains. watch for a Elizabeth Gilbert video I will try to send you via email... it's on creativity and I think you will get something out of it.

victoriasart said...

Other than being very tired, yes, we are having a good time. We went back to the gallery today and it was very busy. A few more paintings had sold. And I did get some photos that I will download and post as soon as I am able. I don't know Elizabeth Gilbert; I look forward to viewing the video clip. Thanks!

mariefraser said...

she's the author of Eat, Pray, Love. Sent the clip link through email