Search This Blog

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Reading at the Metropolis completed

Here is the finished painting of Liz called "Reading at the Metropolis. The block in for this painting I posted a month or so ago. This painting is 16" x20."

I was talking to a friend of mine the other evening and she mentioned a workshop she would like to take and would I consider going with her to it to share expenses. This workshop is in Sedona, and the artist is Carol Marine. Now I don't really have much interest in workshops so I started to look into Carol, as Jeannie is a good artist and her friend who recommended this as the BEST workshop ever seems to be a successful artist in her own right. I found Carol's blog to be very inspiring and through her blog, she linked to one of her student's blog. There I found 14 things she had learned taking a recent workshop of Carol's in Canada. I also learned that one of the things Carol has her students do is 10 little studies each for 10." So I drew up some little squares on a piece of canvas paper and started doing a few each night after work. I am trying again to paint every day even though I am tired after working all day. I figure even I can do a 10" painting. So far so good. I did 4 in two nights. I have not been doing them on days I am home and painting anyway.


Yesterday, inspired by Carol's quick and direct brushwork, I took this painting from April that I had been cogitating on anyway, and reworked it. I sure had fun. This is also a 20" x 16."

1 comment:

Aloha Sistah said...

From the online reproduction, it looks like you captured the skin tones and the shadows beautifully as well. Bet there are a few people who want to join her book club!