Search This Blog

Saturday, December 15, 2018

Then and Now

An acquaintance/collector contacted me today. Here is what her email said:
I haven't seen you in a long while but did want to let you know how much I am So So ...enjoying your partings in my home on - going - ly!  I just moved one from downstairs upstairs to my office to so that I can look at it as I work at my desk.  I thought of you and how much I wanted to let you know.  Much love to you and our old investment group too!... Love... M

I have attached a photo of the one I look at now everyday in a new way...
Painting Along Cherry Creek, oil
I looked in my art files to see if I could find the images for this painting and its name. I could not! It is from before the age of digital photography! Oh My. It is my only palette knife painting and painted plein air back in the day when I was just starting to paint outdoors. It is very gratifying to know that it is still being enjoyed after all these years.
Spring Reflected, 36x24, oil on linen

And here is a painting I just sold to someone who found me via Nextdoor! One never knows how you will be found. I had responded to someone months ago who was looking for local art to furnish their office. I was never contacted from that post. Last week I had a private message from new neighbors looking for local art to hang in their new home who had seen my response. They are so happy with their new painting and it just so happens to be of their alley! Isn't it amazing how things work out? 

No comments: