Search This Blog

Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Aftermath

Here I am yesterday working at Bell Gallery. I look like something the cat drug in and that is about how I felt as well. It is draining to have an opening, even an easy one like this one was. Jeanne Echternach was kind enough to send me these photos this morning. It gives a good feeling for how my walls looked. I must take down the one I am standing in front of today. That is why I kept it simple.

The Opening in conjunction with First Friday went well. I was impressed with how many people actually took the time to look at my work and talk about it and who wanted to talk to me about it. I was even compared to Burton Silverman (my "portrait" in the upper right hand corner), which is a huge honor. It is always fascinating to find out what people relate to. It is so different for everyone. My artists friends tended to like the same pieces. A favorite for them was the little landscape to the right of the mangos.

I thank everyone who made this event possible. My family has always been there for me, and my friends and coworkers are so supportive. You keep me going.

1 comment:

Travelingrant said...

Looks like it was a nice show, I'm sad I missed it.