Search This Blog

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Day One - Abstract with Pears

Abstract with Pears, 6x6, oil on panel
Ok, so the object of this exercise is to have fun yet paint a painting per day for 30 days. One of my painter friends had posted on Facebook that she had signed on for this event. I decided to check it out and then signed up for it, too. Only because it is not a hard and fast rule that you have to do 30 paintings; the idea is to just get motivated and at your easel more. I don't normally paint during the work week since I still have a day job and I am tired when I get home. But I know I can do it, so I am going to use this as way to at least have a reason to try to paint after dinner. If other obligations get in the way or I am just too tired to think, I will give myself that opt out too. I gathered a bunch of small panels together as I know I can paint a small panel easily.

I painted these pears that were in my refrigerator for day one. The panel I chose had a bad abstract attempt already on it and it just seemed apropos to a quick fun sketch on top of it as I sure had nothing to lose! I am actually quite pleased with it. These paintings will be for sale so if you are interested just let me know.

Apparently over 800 artists have signed up for this challenge from all over the world. I will include the link to that blog on subsequent postings related to this challenge.

No comments: