Search This Blog

Monday, January 26, 2015

Young Artist study 25

9x12 oil on linen
This painting was a black and white study for a larger piece I posted last month, #2 in that post. I decided to paint it in color and give it to the young lady in question when it is done. It is not where I want it to be yet but I have it mostly covered in color now so here it is as a painting for the challenge. I want to sit on it to see if I like the high key or if I want to tone it down a bit.

I was so exhausted by the time last Friday came around that I did not really paint anything this weekend for the week coming up to finish up the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. My hat is off to anyone who manages to complete. It isn't that I haven't been at my easel everyday, as that I have managed to do. This weekend I really wanted to get some larger pieces finished that just needed a bit of attention. They started to weigh on me, and I was motivated to work on them. When I focus on the challenge it takes up my whole weekend. I could not do both.

http://lesliesaeta.blogspot.com/

No comments: