Search This Blog

Friday, January 2, 2015

Painting 2, Pear Deux

Pear Deux, 6x8 oil on panel
Another painting painted atop another. The original painting was not too exciting. It was a single pear set atop this same book, a book on Richard Diebenkorn. I was trying to think more abstractly, but this piece still came out more on the realistic side. So be it. It may go through another metamorphosis in the days to come. I am enjoying painting atop not so wonderful paintings of mine. I normally would sand them down and then apply gesso to get back to pure white, but I won't be doing much of that anymore. This process is helping me to understand layering of paint, values and color. I have struggled with that for years. That was what was so magical about the painting yesterday.

As promised, here is the link to the 30 paintings in 30 days event. http://lesliesaeta.blogspot.com/2015/01/thirty-paintings-in-30-days-day-two.html

No comments: