Search This Blog

Sunday, September 28, 2008

A comment with Photos!

Because this spot was so amazing, many cars stopped to photograph the scene. A few people came by to see me as well. Below are some photos taken of me and my painting by Robbie Scott along with her response to meeting me. Thank you, Robbie. Robbie is quicker than I am at pulling this off, but my paintings from this weekend will be up soon!
PS Seeing her photos of my painting on her camera made me realize I had to much of a curve on the mountain, so you will see I did correct that.



"What a double delight it was to come upon Victoria Ekelund, local Colorado artist, at the peek of color changes, in Berthoud Pass, on Saturday, Sept. 27th, 2008. It is one of our favorite annual day trips from Monument, CO. To see the magnificence of the leaves changing, feel the crisp fall air and drink in the splendor of God's creative handiwork, is something we had only read about in travel brochures. Now, since moving to Colorado four years ago, we make it a point to get out each fall, for the spectacle! This year, we came upon Victoria Ekelund, as she was putting the finishing touches on her painting. Her work reflects the vibrancy of colors that splash our senses and dance in our memories, long after the leaves have fallen for the season. Thank you Victoria, for capturing this amazing time of year!"

Blessings,
Robbie and Jim Scott
Monument, CO

2 comments:

Lilith said...

Hi Victoria!

Just visiting your blog... You make great painting! I especially love the houses and the "holy cow"!

With compliments,
Lilith (Netherlands)

victoriasart said...

Lilith
Thank you for stopping by and I hope to see you back again.
Victoria