Search This Blog

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thursday's Painting


Thursday found me once again downtown in the Triangle. I had seen this colorful building on my recent forays into downtown looking for subject matter. It turns out to be a fairly popular restaurant called Cuba Cuba. The light was flat this morning, being it was overcast, which made it nice for me to concentrate on the shapes, like I did yesterday at the Governor’s Mansion. The bright colors still come through nicely. I had to put the Banana tree sculpture right in the middle of the painting to be sure and get the red doors in, too. I am starting to like cityscapes after all, with all the angles and shapes you can get from cropping the subject. Not having light and shadow to deal with is an asset for me.

2 comments:

Wammy said...

I am so excited to see what you are doing on a regular basis! I have missed our intimate friendship but I shall settle for the stimulating visual of your love of this life! I'm putting your blog on my favorites list so I can see what you are doing all the time! So great to have you in my life! I love you so!

Tammy Abramovitz

victoriasart said...

Thank you! I so want to reconnect with you. You are such an inspiration to me. It has been too long.