Search This Blog

Friday, September 19, 2008

Portrait of my daughter

I have been threatening to paint my daughter for the past few years and she enjoys "calling" me on it. So a month or so ago, I finally got down to it. She is a good model and is very patient with me. It is not like I have never done a painting of her, but previously they have all been from photographs and have been from her childhood. One of them did win a "best of show" so I will post it below. I called it "Isn't it Past your Bedtime?" She also modeled for me for the Denver plein aire event, but I did not manage to finish that painting yet.

1 comment:

Pierre said...

I stumbled on your blog and find your paintings refreshing. You've captured the life essence of your two "models". The little girl's elbow is almost a threat to anyone who would dare tell her it's bedtime. That's my perception anyway. Excellent work.