Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Gin Bottles again

Block in over old plein air painting, 12x12

oil on linen, 12x12
Can you believe it? No gold screen today. I decided to turn the screen around and use the back side for a more neutral approach. The painting underneath was painted on a grey day and was of old weathered outbuildings and a concrete wall. Somehow it felt better to just keep a quieter outlook this time. I tried rearranging the gin bottles but this seems to be the way they want to work together for now. I added a tea tin and the glass bottle just to add to the composition. As you can see in the block in I was leaning towards a more abstract approach and was going to paint it flat with the bottles being united and through each other. Then I get painting and it all goes away. Maybe next time.

I could not think of a title for this one, so if you have any ideas, I am open to suggestions.

No comments: