Search This Blog

Saturday, January 7, 2017

We 3 Gins, disoriente I

We Three Gins, 12x12, oil on linen panel
I have been collecting odd shaped and colored bottles for years. Gin bottles are particularly fun and just recently a third bottle joined the collection. I really enjoyed painting this piece. The highly reflective gold screen background adds a richness to the scene and the different shapes and colors of the bottles made it pure joy to paint. I am having way too much fun.

You will see more of this gold Japanese doll screen as we move through the month. It is an easy background to put up. My sister taught English in Japan 20+ years ago. She brought this screen home to me thinking I could find a use for it. She had found it on top of someone's trash. One man's trash is another man's treasure...

No comments: