Search This Blog

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Split Between the Two

Split Between the Two, 16x12, oil on linen
Here is that gold doll screen again. I so like the way one side gets the light and the other panel, not so much. Breaks up the painting so nicely. The bottles' shadows make such interesting shapes and colors against it. I am not tired of it yet. I carried two of these bottles home from Europe when you could still carry bottles on board a plane. What a concept! And that tells you how long I have had them, too. Again, I was taken by the unusual shapes. I had thought about calling this piece 'Vitae' after the name on the center label. Maybe hold that for another version using the same prop(s).  Red rice paper was used on the table this time. It did great things to the screen I think. I am so enjoying myself. 

No comments: